Monday, July 25, 2011

Another shirtdress to add to the mix.

So, I'm going to add another contender into my short-list of shirtdresses. It's the McCall's 4769:



At first glance, the envelope pictures look like of blah and unimpressive. The dress almost looks a bit matronly. However, I'm willing try anything because I want a shirtdress badly (I just figured out buttonholes---a whole new world was opened to me).

The pattern has a lot of favorable reviews on Pattern Review. It's a fairly popular pattern. This is one of my favorite interpretations so far. Also this one.

Initially, when I considered making a shirtdress, my first thought was to use the Amy Butler Liverpool pattern. I even had fabric picked out:


Kumari Garden: Tara in Stone


I like it but seems a bit busy. Don't know if I like it enough to wear it all over. Maybe as a skirt.

The search continues...

2 comments:

  1. I love this one and it's on my To Sew list but I am still waiting for my mother to make hers and she's taking her sweet time. Very frustrating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this one too and I've seen a lot of really versions of it. I also like Butterick 5315 (which I think is going out-of-print). It has a peter pan collar.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting with thoughtfulness and maturity.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs