Wednesday, July 20, 2011

How do I choose?

I'm ignoring my sewing queue for the moment. Sure I need to hem two dresses and finish the collar on my second Sorbetto...maybe I do need to put buttons on my Violet...but I need to decide on which dress I want to make next.

Originally, I wanted to make a Crepe, but I can't decide on fabric. I want to make it more casual so that I can wear it more often. Austin is not a get-dressed-up type of town. Rarely do I need to wear anything more than a sundress to be considered "dressed up." Even then, I'm still overdressed.

Also, I really, really want to make a shirt dress. I have the Lisette Traveler dress and the Amy Butler Liverpool patterns. I don't know which one I like more.

This one?


Or this one?


I do know that I want this next dress to be either navy, brown or eggplant (or plum). I'm interested in solids not so much prints. I find that although I love a lot of the cotton prints I've seen, I would not want to wear them.

Most importantly, I want this to be a cheap project. These dresses require 3 - 5 yards of fabric, not including any lining (if I choose to use lawn or voile). I can't really afford to splurge on fabric that's $10+ a yard. In fact, if I can find nice fabric for around $5 a yard that would be ideal.

Argh. Decisions, decisions.

Time for bed. I'll obsess about this more tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. That is a hard choice. I too had big plans for the Lisette pattern that has yet to materialize and I have been itching to get the Liverpool but I always talk myself out of it. At least being in Texas we get to wear our summer gear longer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting with thoughtfulness and maturity.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs