Sunday, August 21, 2011

Excited.

Three things.

While I'm impatiently awaiting the arrival of my buttons for my Simplicity 2246 (view C); I've started work on my new sewing project: Simplicity 2365 (view D).




I love this shirt so far. I'm using some cotton (poplin, I believe) that I found in the discount section of Hancock Fabrics. It's off white---not quite cream--more like winter white with a bit of stretch. I love white shirts.

The pattern itself has been good to work with so far. The instructions aren't the clearest in the world, but they aren't too confusing. The shirt comes together rather quickly. At the moment, I'm working on the band/collar. All I have left are the sleeves and buttons.

Next, I purchased my first Groupon! It's a $30 groupon (I only paid $15 for it) to Mood Fabrics. I have no idea what I plan to use it for but it doesn't expire for a year, so I have plenty of time to decide.

Finally, I've found a "new" (well out-of-print) wrap dress pattern, whose skirt is eerily similar to that of the Colette Crepe. It's McCall's 5314, a wrap dress with a full skirt:

I'm quite enamored with View B. I like that the bodice has princess seams and set-in sleeves. It's perfect. I plan on buying this pattern next month--as I've already blown through my sewing budget for this month. I may end up using my Mood Fabrics groupon for this dress. We'll see. I have a swatch of some burgandy poplin (I ordered this swatch months ago) that would be perfect. I need some berry--wine--cranberry--redish dresses and shirts in my wardrobe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting with thoughtfulness and maturity.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs