Sunday, August 14, 2011

I'm calm now.

So, after my previous Colette Crepe meltdown, I decided to put that pattern aside for now.

Sometimes, it's better to do that rather than plow ahead on a project that you're not too sure about anymore.

Instead, I've decided to start work on a shirtwaist dress. Yes, that means I finally decided on a pattern: Simplicity 2246: the Lisette Traveler dress.


I'm making View C, the shirtwaist dress. So far, so good. The measurements on size chart are accurate. The ease isn't so much that I have to go down 3 sizes. The instructions aren't baffling. I really like this pattern so far. I do plan on adding pockets and making a matching belt.

I went ahead and purchased two more Lisette patterns (the Portfolio 2245 and the Continental 2059) and 4 regular Simplicity patterns on Friday as Hobby Lobby was having a 99 cent sale.

Looks like I have enough patterns to keep me busy well into next year.

I want to finish this dress, Kris' messenger bag and perhaps a shirt before my Chicago trip next month. I think I can do it without losing my mind. But, we'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting with thoughtfulness and maturity.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs