Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Look at what I did.

So yah, I finished my Lisette Traveler dress (view A). It hasn't been washed or ironed since I finished it, as I finished it mere moments before these photos were taken.

with belt.


without belt but with tired smile

Actually, I finished this dress Sunday morning. Then an hour ago, I tried it on and decided that it was too baggy, even with the belt. So, I added a couple of vertical (or double point) darts to the back. It's still a bit roomy but at least the back has a bit more shape.

Overall, I like this pattern (Simplicity 2246). I've also made View C but I'm far too tired to model it for photos at the moment. I only made a couple of alterations: the aforementioned back darts and I omitted the patch pockets. I have a bit too much boobage for chest pockets.

Well, that's one thing off my Fall Palette Challenge list. Five more to go...

5 comments:

  1. Nice job with the dress and your Violet blouse! I love checking in with you because your patterns and fall plans are the same as mine - except you are actually working your plan! Did you take any sewing lessons or did you literally 2 months ago decide to start sewing your own clothes? Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neemie I just found your blog from the Lisette Flickr group. You have real style and I love what you did with this dress and the belt. I need to sew some of these patterns too. Stay safe with all those fires around central TX

    ReplyDelete
  3. @sheryl: thanks! i started making clothes in january. there's a pile of misfit practice clothing hidden in a bag in my closet ;) i didn't get good at it until april.

    @terri k: thanks! one of the fires was actually 5 miles away from my apartment. it's contained now. the last few days have been crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn, you look maaaahvelous! Seriously, I really enjoy your color and dress combos. Especially with that belt! It is a great belt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting with thoughtfulness and maturity.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs