Monday, September 5, 2011

Oh, Violet.

I finished my Colette Violet shirt a month ago. I meant to post pictures before, but I didn't like the buttons I used.

While I was working on my Traveler dress (View C), I realized that I could use covered buttons on my Violet shirt too. I don't know why that didn't occur to me before. The picture of the shirt on the Colette website has covered buttons. D'oh.

Anyway, I got all excited but then ran out of buttons to cover. Since I had so many other things to finish, my Violet shirt fell to the bottom of the finish pile.

But this is the first photo I took with the original buttons:


Eventually, I will finish changing the buttons and take another photo. The buttons in the photo are mother-of-pearl shell buttons. I used cotton shirting that I bought from The Common Thread.

This was my first shirt with buttons. I love how it came together. I thought the Peter Pan collar would be too precious and twee, but it looks great. The cotton shirting is nice and soft with a lovely sheen. I love this fabric so much that I bought more and made my Traveler dress (view A) out of it. I just finished that dress today.

I love Colette patterns. I really, really do. I plan on making the longer sleeve version of this shirt as soon as I find the right fabric. I think it would be beautiful in red or maybe cranberry.

Now, I need to finish Kris' messenger bag and I'll be all set for Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting with thoughtfulness and maturity.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs