Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Quickie.

I'm a fan of the Make This Look website. Where has this been all my life? More often I find myself looking at dresses and thinking, "I can make that." It's refreshing. Before I felt limited. Now if I want it and don't feel like spending the money, I can make it.

I had this epiphany when I took a look at Shabby Apple.I love the dresses on this site. Unless it was an ultra-special occasion, I would never spend more than $50 on a dress. So that pretty much eliminates any future purchases from Shabby Apple. But I can sew! Even though I still feel like an advanced beginner.

For instance, I just love the Pina Colada dress from Shabby Apple. I would love to buy it and wear it all the time. It is $96. That won't be happening any time soon.

But that won't stop me, for I have found a pattern that is very similar to this dress.

So similar, it's scary.


I would use sateen or poplin for the dress and add the piping and buttons. Sure, the pattern is out-of-print, but I found it on ebay for $3. I love ebay.

My fall palette may be changing as I've become quite addicted to all things shirt dress. I've made two of them so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting with thoughtfulness and maturity.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs