Friday, September 16, 2011

Quite fickle indeed.

I'm back from Chicago (a trip that will go down in infamy for a multitude of unpleasant reasons), with renewed vigor. I'm ready to get down to this fall palette challenge business. I did some fabric shopping while in Chicago---at a gloriously large, multi-floored warehouse full of unorganized fabric goodness and no a/c. I left with enough fabric for two shirts (or one shirt and one dress) and two skirts. This will change my fall palette colors and patterns for a third time.

Here is my new color palette (which includes navy polka dot--not pictured):



I already finished my first project: Simplicity 2246 View A. These patterns will round out the rest of my pattern list:

  • Simplicity 4236 View C (half circle skirt) in a tan wool blend
  • Wiksten Tulip skirt (my third one!) in golden mustard trigger<---I had no idea what this was until I found it at the fabric store. It's a little stiff and doesn't wrinkle.
  • New Look 6808 View E with sleeves from View B in eggplant cotton
  • New Look 6808 View B in navy polka dot cotton
  • BurdaStyle JJ blouse in coral cotton

I do plan on joining the Clover Pants Sewalong next month which will round out my fall sewing. I have some off-white and chocolate brown poplin left over so I may make a couple more shirts to throw into the mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting with thoughtfulness and maturity.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs