Saturday, September 17, 2011

Scratch another off the list.

I just finished New Look 6808 view B from my Fall Palette Challenge list. I used an old Gap halter dress that no longer fit me. It's navy blue with off white polka dots. The navy is so dark that it looks black. I think the fabric is rayon but the dress tag only says "100% cotton." It's not stiff but it's a bit heavier than lawn.

This smile is a result of delirium.

I'm not a fan of New Look patterns. The fit is always weird and the instructions leave much to be desired. I saw several nice versions of this shirt, so I figured I would give it a try. I also wanted to find a simple shirt that required minimal fabric since I planned to use my old dress.

This was the first time I didn't use the instructions. It's a fairly simple shirt (well view B is simple). I omitted the zipper as I could easily get the shirt on over my head. It's a bit roomy. I could probably go down a size but then I would have to use a zipper. I think having a zipper in shirt is weird. This shirt could easily be finished in a couple of hours.

Initially, I planned to line the shirt but I didn't have enough fabric. I also considered using bias tape but I didn't have any in the right color on hand and I had no desire to make my own. So, I ended up using the facing.

Facings suck.

It's the one thing that I don't like about this shirt. I think that I will change it eventually but I'm too tired to care about it right now.

I do plan on making the other versions of this shirt. I recommend using fabrics with stretch to avoid the zipper. 

Tomorrow I will begin work on my half-circle skirt.

Anyway, that is all for now. I'm going to bed.

2 comments:

Thanks for commenting with thoughtfulness and maturity.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs