Monday, October 3, 2011

First a fail, then a win times 3.

This blows.

Wrist = sprained. Or is it sprung? Being an English major, you'd think I would know for sure. Alas, my brain is fried.

I'm not sure how I did it, all I know is that I'm out of commission for at least a week. This entry marks the first time in a few days that I'm able to type with both hands without shouting out in pain.

The wrist fail will not stop me completely. I'm still buying fabric and patterns. Fabric Mart is having a sale on stretch poplin ($1.99 a yard) in colors that I actually want besides the mediocre brown, black, white, navy, bright red, hunter green and purple that Hancock Fabric and Joann always manage to have for $7.99 - $8.99 a yard. I bought enough for three future projects: Wiksten Tova shirt (I actually bought plaid shirting for this one), McCalls 6279 trench dress and the Colette Peony.

Yes, I managed to finally score a Wiksten Tova pattern. I've wanted this pattern for a while now but they were always sold out. Also, in pattern news, I managed to find the infamous Simplicity 3835. It's been OOP forever and whenever I find it online, it's for $35. I stumbled upon one (wrong size, of course) at Hancock Fabrics a couple months ago. I bought it, foolishly thinking that I could grade it up to a size 16 with ease.

Does anybody want it? It's sizes 4 - 12 uncut. I think I only opened the instructions once. I just found the correct size pattern for $10.50 (including shipping) on Etsy so I no longer need it.

Leave me a comment and I'll get in contact with you. It's free because I'm a nice person. First come, first served.

As far as the Fall Palette Challenge goes, I've managed to make a shirt dress, a Parfait with no zipper, a shirt and two un-hemmed skirts. I think that should do it. I'm ready to move on, or I will be once this brace comes off.

Anyway, that's all for now. It's nap time.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the heads up on the FM sale. I seriously do not need any more fabric, but the aubergine stretch poplin is calling my name. If you still have the Simplicity pattern 3835, I'd like it. Just PM me and I'll send you my info.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting with thoughtfulness and maturity.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs