First up, I'm working on my Colette Crepe. Remember my Crepe fail from last August? I got over myself. I don't know why I couldn't just draft a new facing to replace the lost one. I did that two days ago and so far, so good. I'm using some wonderful cotton lawn (black with white polka dots) courtesy of TexStyles here in Austin. The fabric is lovely and even more lovely to sew.
I had planned to use this fabric for McCall's 6503 view B, but while digging around in my fabric bin I came across my Colette Crepe muslin. I tried it on and damn, I must say, that it was a perfect fit. Why I freaked out so badly back in August I will never know. The only thing that I didn't enjoy was all the pieces involved---I underlined the dress since the lawn was pretty thin. Double the cutting table fun.
Hopefully, I will finish it by next week. I've also put in some work on my Darling Ranges dress muslin. I did my very first full bust adjustment on this pattern. There was no way it would fit otherwise. It's been tricky so far.
Finally, I want to make another shirt dress. I'm a wee bit obsessed. I came across this dress and now I must make another:
|MaelleMadeByHand on etsy|
That's it for now. I should have been in bed an hour ago.