Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Brainstorming: This blog is turning into one long brainstorm about handbags.

Seriously, I need to stop browsing the Anthropologie website. I found another bag that I like:

Sedona Tote

I think I can make something like this. Well, I will after I make my Bicycle tote bag. I decided on some fabric. I will start work on it this weekend.

The Sedona tote looks simple enough to construct. I could use the Junia bag pattern (available here) as a starting point. I have enough brown in wardrobe right now, so I think I would use black canvas duck cloth instead of tan. Leather purse handles are easy enough to locate via Etsy.

Beading is not my thing. Instead, I think that jacquard ribbon would be an excellent touch.

Jacquard ribbon from nineheads on etsy
There's so much to choose from, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed.

My Vogue 8784 wrap dress is coming along slowly. I almost jumped for joy when I realized the dress was fully lined. Almost. Then reality of cutting the dress out twice hit me. Laziness set in. I procrastinated for two days before I finished cutting it out, a few hours ago.

Now I'm too sleepy to finish the bodice tonight. That will have to wait until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting with thoughtfulness and maturity.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs