Tuesday, March 20, 2012

In progress...

I'm working on the City Tote at the moment.




Every thing is cut out and interfaced. I used Pellon SF101 Shape-Flex this time instead of my usual Pellon Craft-fuse. Holy cow! What a difference that made. No wrinkling and everything fused the first time.

For the exterior fabric, I'm using Wrenly (Bloom in Citrus) by Valori Wells. I purchased mine @ Stitch Lab.


Available at Hawthorne Threads




Kona cotton in Stone will be used for the lining. I also plan on adding a zippered pocket, using this tutorial from Sew Mama Sew.

The instructions for the City Tote aren't the best. I still haven't quite figured out the seam allowance yet. It helps that I've made a bag or two before. If not, I would be completely lost. At the moment, there is head-scratching but no true frustration. Yet. The bag is smaller than I thought it would be. Then again, I usually make giant bags. 

We'll see how it goes....perhaps I'll be finished by the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting with thoughtfulness and maturity.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs