Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Procrastination.

I have three dresses to hem:

  • Colette Crepe : Cotton/rayon lawn-ish fabric; black with white polka dots
  • McCall's 6503: The blue Lecien lawn that I love so dearly. I also figured out how to reduce the bust gathering to make it more fitted. Am quite pleased with the outcome.
  • McCall's 5801: Another reason why I love shirt dresses so.damn.much. Made with this poplin.


I don't feel like doing it.

This annoys me because the dresses are very pretty and I'm quite proud of my efforts thus far. Work has been a bit stressful and all-consuming. The stress led to crippling self-doubt of my sewing skills. Perhaps it's best that I leave the hemming for another day.

Also, I am brainstorming handbags once more. I thought about making Chie's variation (in the book) of the BurdaStyle bag pattern. After reading through the instructions, it seemed a bit too complicated for my brain's fragile state.

The City Tote I came across (thank you Pinterest) looked good. I even have leather handles. I was overwhelmed by my fabric stash.

Source

The Tatanne bag made my heart skip with joy until I realized I had to make my own pattern pieces. I gave up on that 20 minutes ago.

Source

Sigh.

I need something easy. I wish I could just use the same pattern over and over again. I've noticed that a lot in the sewing world. I always try to make something new every time. Except for the Wiksten Tova and Kwik Sew 3856. I've made three of each of those patterns. Both are basically shapeless and make me look a wee bit pregnant--a look that I do not want to have, ever.

Sigh.

Bed time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting with thoughtfulness and maturity.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs