Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Hypothetical Spring/Summer Palette

I wish that I had the time to participate in the Colette Patterns Spring/Summer Palette Challenge. I enjoyed the Fall Palette Challenge even thought I completely strayed from my plans. The Spring/Summer challenge would be easier as I already have a few dresses in mind. Ideally, I'd like to make 4 - 5 easy summer dresses (Spring is just a figment of Texas' imagination) that would be comfortable when the temperatures reach 100+ by July.

However, within the next 6 weeks, I'm going to NYC and moving to a new apartment. In fact, after I finish my Hazel dress (Thank you Colette Patterns for digital downloads), I will probably start packing my sewing supplies.

Side note: The Hazel dress has been super easy thus far. I made a muslin of the bodice and there were no fit issues. None. I'm so excited about this pattern, I can barely contain myself.

Hazel from Colette Patterns

Sigh. I won't let this stop me from planning along with everyone else although I can't participate in the actual sewing of my wardrobe. It's cool. Texas will be hot well into October, I'll have plenty of time to sew.

Anyway, here's my color palette. My goal is to make one dress for each color. Sounds simple enough.



Maybe tomorrow I'll post some of my pattern selections. My goal is to keep it simple, so I plan to use patterns I've sewn before. As far as fabric goes, I only have the green in my stash. I'd have to buy everything else, you know, if I were actually going to sew.

*Edit: I've made a board on Pinterest of my pattern ideas and inspiration.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck and am so envious of your warm weather. Freezin here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting with thoughtfulness and maturity.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs