Sunday, April 1, 2012

Next...

Next month, I'm going to New York for a little mini-vacation. I plan on visiting the Garment District. I will do some serious fabric shopping (I hope). In order to pay for this fabric-free-for-all, I have to cut back considerably. 

So, for the month of April, I will not purchase fabric or patterns. I'm only allowed to buy a pattern or two if Colette releases new patterns this month. Zippers or thread is allowed, but I have enough of that stuff too.

This is going to be so hard. 

I have a few projects that I'd like to complete before my NYC trip. I have the Emmaline bag, Simplicity 1882, and Vogue 8727
Vogue 8727
I'm kind of excited about the Vogue pattern as I'm using it to recreate a dress I saw on eShakti:

Golden Globes Dress


I'm not sure how I feel about the sleeves. I could use the sleeves from Simplicity 2501 (view D). They are fairly similar:

Source
I also plan on changing the skirt to a simple, gathered one instead of the circle skirt. Circle skirts do not look good on me. I have some brown lawn in my stash  that should work perfectly for this. 

Earlier today (after a much-needed nap), I worked on Muslin #2 for Simplicity 1801, the new Cynthia Rowley pattern that has the interwebs buzzing with excitement. Then, I quit. The muslin worked out well. I made a successful full-bust adjustment and the fit was fine. It just wasn't doing it for me anymore. Perhaps I'll find some fabric later that will inspire me. For now, it goes back into the pattern bin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting with thoughtfulness and maturity.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs