Saturday, July 21, 2012

Simplicity 2215

I actually attempted this dress back in February but it it didn't work out too well. At the time, I didn't know that I should shorten the waist on most patterns. The original dress ended up in my UFO basket and I had no intention of ever finishing it. I honestly don't know why I picked it up and decided to give this pattern a second chance. However, I decided to use some cotton shirting I picked up at Metro Textiles during my NYC trip. You can buy the same fabric at Gorgeous Fabrics.

Source

Aside from shortening the waist 3/8", I eliminated the side zip and used seven 1/2" buttons instead of four 7/8'" buttons. Also, the dress is fully lined in cotton/poly batiste. I made a hem facing as the dress was already short. Hem facings are great and super easy.


Simplicity 2215: Not too shabby.




I may make this again, probably in gabardine for the fall.


1 comment:

  1. Cute! I always raise the waistline on my dresses too - Nothing makes me feel frumpy faster than a low waist! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting with thoughtfulness and maturity.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs