Wednesday, July 25, 2012

You wanna know what annoys me...

...discovering the new Vogue Patterns five hours after placing an order for old Vogue patterns.

I guess I'll be out another $4 for shipping because I'm about to place another order. I usually wait for pattern sales at Hancock Fabrics or Joann. Last time the new patterns came out, I spent a week calling around to see if they were in stock. I'm guessing the employees at the Austin area Hancock Fabrics or Joann don't keep up with new releases. "But our pattern numbers only go up to..." Yes, I know that. These are new. That's why I asked if you had the new ones. Sigh. By the time they did show up, the pattern sale was over. There's no way I'll pay full price for a pattern if I know I can get it for less than $5.

This time around I refuse to perform the "do you have the new patterns?" dance.

There are only two patterns that I'm excited about. Both are regular wardrobe staples that most people won't really get excited about: a wrap shirt and another shirt dress. However, I have yet to find a satisfactory wrap shirt pattern (read: one that doesn't require a full bust adjustment) until now.

Vogue 8833

This wrap shirt patterns come with separate pieces for different cup sizes. I nearly wept with joy. I am a women who enjoys the little things in life. I love all things wrap.

Here, we have yet another shirt dress. I like that the skirt is flared. I'm not a fan of straight skirts since they do absolutely nothing for my rectangular figure. I've also grown tired of pleated and gathered skirts. Sometimes I need something a touch more modern and slightly less 1950s.

Vogue 8829


The other new Vogue patterns don't really interest me much. As usual there are some that make me scratch my head. Like this one:


Vogue 8826


Very 70s indeed. It looks almost wearable if you're a fan of the 70s. I then scrolled down the page and took a look at the line drawing. It looked eerily similar to a choir robe.


Vogue 8826: Holy Vogue? Choir chic?


 I can safely say that I won't be sewing up this pattern any time soon.

1 comment:

  1. I also love the shirtdress! And Choir Chic is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting with thoughtfulness and maturity.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs