SEARCH

Loading...

Colette Laurel Take Two

Sunday, April 28, 2013

So, I made another Laurel:



Not too shabby, huh? I made a couple changes this time around. First, I changed the neckline. I used the neckline and tie from Butterick 5859:

Butterick 5859




Then, I added 1" of flare to the skirt to make it slightly more A-line.



Also, I added a split cuff to the sleeve (I picked this up from New Look 6180 sleeve).



At first, I had planned to move the zipper to the side but the neck was wide enough to slide over my head. I drafted a hem facing (I love them so much).

Other than that, no other changes were made. As before, I made used a size 14 for the bust and shoulders, grading down to a size 12 for the waist and hips. For the fabric, I bought some rayon/poly linen look fabric from Hancock Fabrics.


This came together rather quickly and I am quite pleased with it. Very pleased. I want to send out a very special thank you to my friend, The Amazing Q, for all of the photos.

6 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous color. I really like your version of Laurel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi from a wet and cold Ireland! I have just bought the Laurel pattern for my friend to make up for me as I don't know how to sew - having seen how fantastic you look in your dress I can't wait for mine to be ready. I love how you have customised it especially the neckline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee, you're welcome! 8D I'm happy to shoot for you any time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, I love your Laurel! The necktie looks fantastic -- that plus the split cuff really elevates it from simple shift to super chic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger