Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Changing things up a bit.

I have at least three new makes (not sure if I like using that word yet) and one handbag to post, but I'm at work (lunch!) at the moment so those posts will have to wait. In the meantime, I'm brainstorming my next dress project (next once I finish my green gingham Butterick 4386/Simplicity 2444 hybrid). I want to try a pattern that I've never used before, in a style that I've never sewn before. This means no variations of the Butterick 4386 bodice (I have made three already) and no shirt dresses (of which I have made many).

Remember the dot chambray I mentioned in this post? That's the fabric I wish to use. I think it would be perfect for any of these patterns, but I can't decide on which one to use. All have similar silhouettes and fall under the category of "style and pattern I've never sewn before".


Simplicity 1666 view A

Vogue 8665 view A

Butterick 5894 view C


Still not sure which one I like the best. I don't really want to make a muslin for each pattern and then decide--that's a lot of work. Butterick 5894 has a full lining, not sure if I want that for a summer dress. Hmmm. Perhaps I just narrowed down my list.

Oh wait, I have sewn this silhouette before. I've made Vogue 8871 (in ponte knit).


Vogue 8871 view A
 I have yet to finish it because the knit clings to a wobbly bit of mine. I think this style in a woven rather than a knit would be a bit more flattering on my body. Just when I think I'm about to try something new...

1 comment:

  1. They are some interesting dresses with great features. Looking forward to seeing what you make.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting with thoughtfulness and maturity.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs