Thursday, May 2, 2013

Two things I'm in love with right now...

...this dress pattern:



Usually, I don't care too much for her patterns. Although cute, they're always made from quilting cotton which is a turn-off for me. Sometimes (emphasis on sometimes) quilting cotton can make even the greatest dress look homemade.  Then I saw this pattern and all the samples (all made with quilting cotton). They're beautiful to say the least.

You know, sometimes opinions can change. The ombre chevron fabric changed my mind (if only briefly, but still). I have a border print voile fresh from Fabric.com that would be beyond perfect for this dress:



The second thing that I love so very much at the moment, is this lovely polka dot chambray shirt from Ruche:

Cassie Polka Dot Chambray Top

I found the most absolute perfect fabric for it. Robert Kaufman Chambray from Hawthorne Threads:

Dot Chambray in Indigo

I'm thinking of using either McCall's 6436 or Simplicity 2339. At first, I wanted to make it into a dress but I'm seriously in need of more shirts. The ever-popular Archer shirt pattern crossed my mind, but I want to work from stash patterns having already blown my wad on the aforementioned Marilyn dress pattern (and on this fabric as soon as this post is up).

Aside from that, I am finishing up a mash-up of Butterick 4386 (I used it as my bodice) and out-of-print See & Sew 4957. You can find it on ebay for cheap and you should, it is a great pattern. The fabric for this lovely spring dress is a yellow with white pin dot lawn from Fashion Fabrics Club. All is well. Sleeves will be set then it's hem time...just in time for the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. The Marilyn pattern looks great, am sorely tempted but I have so many other patterns that I haven't even touched yet! Looking forward to seeing the mash up dress :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting with thoughtfulness and maturity.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs