Friday, September 13, 2013

Moving right along

Long time, no talkie...I know. But things have been busy around here. In about two weeks, the hubs and I will embark on a journey across the U.S. to our new home in Seattle.

Yup, Seattle.

It was a decision long in the making. We're both native Texans (with my husband being one of the few native Austinites left) and have longed to live elsewhere. An opportunity presented itself and we finally decided to take a chance and do it.

Things will continue to be quiet on the blog for a while. I want to post one more pattern review (Darling Ranges---finally!) but I don't know if I'll have the time.

Also, does anyone have Seattle fabric shop suggestions? You know, that is always my top priority :)

3 comments:

  1. While I haven't personally been there because I live in Olympia, I'm told that Nancy's Sewing Basket is excellent: http://www.nancyssewingbasket.com

    Another place I want to check out is Pacific Fabrics and Crafts: http://www.pacificfabrics.com They have several locations including one in downtown Seattle.

    And if you want to make a new waterproof jacket or tote, Seattle Fabrics has all kinds of outdoor fabric: http://www.seattlefabrics.com

    Good luck with your move and remember to pack your rain boots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the fabric shop suggestions, especially the one for waterproof fabrics. My first after-move sewing project will be a hooded trench coat (Sewaholic Robson coat).

      Delete

Thanks for commenting with thoughtfulness and maturity.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs