Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013: The Hits

I won't be posting about my sewing misses this year. No point on harping on failures and missteps. I wasted money. I learned lessons the hard way. Blah, blah, blah.

But this has been a banner year for sewing for me. Holy cow. I impressed myself several times this year. Although I did not blog every single thing I made that worked (there are at least 10-15), I still have enough photos of the good stuff to fill out a post. Bad news though. Two of my favorite makes have yet to be blogged. I'm going to include them anyway. Eventually each will receive a post of their very own. Just not today.

Anyway, on to the hits! I put a link to the blog post under each photo.





The Very Best of 2013


1. Coats! 

I made two coats this year: McCall's 6442 and Butterick 5255. I am immensely proud of this accomplishment. I admit to having coat on the brain last January but it wasn't until I moved to Seattle that I actually got into gear and made them. Wow. Next year, there will be a trench coat. 

McCall's 6442: Post

Butterick 5255 (not yet blogged)

2. Colette Patterns Laurel

This dress was worn so many times that I plan to buy the same fabric again to make a replacement. It's weird considering I was on the fence about it at first. Hmm. People change. I love the hell out of this dress. 

Post

3. Vogue 8944 (not yet blogged)

I finished this dress about 2 hours ago. Instant favorite. Very easy pattern. Already had the fabric in my stash. No fitting adjustments. No headaches. Everything about this dress is a win.


Vogue 8944 (not yet blogged)


4. Vogue 8363/Butterick 4386

This dress frankenpatterned it's way into my heart. I have plans for another. Just haven't found the right fabric yet.
Post

5. Butterick 4386

My first go with the TNT pattern. Yellow cotton lawn with tiny white polka dots. Full, flared skirt. It is my absolute favorite dress made this year.

Post



And that's the last of 2013 reflections. If you wan to take a look at more of the makes from 2013 (and before), check out my recently updated Clothing page

I wish everyone a prosperous and happy new year.





2 comments:

  1. Very nice! I really love the last dress - yellow is a great color on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love that last dress! It is absolutely perfect on you! Everything about it is right!! I also love both coats! LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting with thoughtfulness and maturity.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs