Thursday, January 9, 2014

Outerwear: Obsess much?

I seem to have lost all interest in sewing clothing (skirts, shirts, dresses). I have outwear on the brain and I just can't shake it. While browsing the Boden site, I came across my next object of outwear obsession: the Mac Coat.

Boden Rainy Day Mac in Multi Stripe

Sigh. Isn't it lovely? I remember wanting one of these years ago. After I finish the next jacket in my queue (the Military Jacket), I will start work on making my Mac dreams a reality. I already have a pattern in mind (McCall's 6517 view C). The only thing that befuddles the crap out of me is how to add a zipper to it. I want my jacket to look like this:

I need to know how to do this

How do you do that? Never made a jacket with a zipper and a button placket. It can't be that hard, right? Or, I could just look for a pattern that already has this feature. Pattern suggestions or tutorials are welcome.

Now, back to working on my trench coat. I wish my lining would hurry up and get here. I've almost reached the point when I can't do anything until it shows up. Argh.


5 comments:

  1. Gah! I have the stripey Boden coat from years ago! When I first saw this photo, I thought it was my coat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. So what kind of cotton is it made of? Is it more like a poplin? The Boden site is kind of vague.

      Delete
  2. Just found your blog. Love it. You have great style and aren't afraid to admit your mistakes. I will be reading all your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok that coat is cute. Just super cute. Would you just extend the zipper placket until it's wide enough to be a zipper/button placket??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting with thoughtfulness and maturity.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs