Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Feeling Springy.

My sewing mojo may be napping at the moment, but it never hurts to brainstorm. I'm still too pooped to sew. Getting back into the work groove has been tough. I finally managed to finish the hem of my Butterick 5949 (view B with a gathered skirt). No photos yet as I'm so not in the mood for photos right now. But I used this poly crepe de chine from Fabric Mart:







After making that dress, I'm now in the mood for more spring dresses. I have plenty of fabric options in my stash. And I've narrowed it down to three patterns:

Butterick 6016 / Simplicity 1419Simplicity 1873

Usually, I loathe sleeveless dresses. But I figured it would be okay since I always wear cardigans. I love pleated skirts, much more so than gathered. None of them seem terribly complex to sew nor should I encounter a lot of fitting headaches. I've already made the bodice muslins for Simplicity 1419 and 1873.

Now if I could just find the energy to make one of them. Sigh.

I do need to get over myself. It's been a week, not a year. Clearly, I'm a bit obsessed.

7 comments:

  1. It's hard to sew AND work. I'm too tired when I get home at night. So Saturdays are prime time sewing time. My goal this year is to take more vacation days and sew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you just have to take a break, give yourself time to get adjusted. I usually can only sew on Sundays and that is if I do all the housework on Saturday after I get off work. Or sometimes I say screw hit and head to my machine. Dishes and Laundry can always wait! Do love the fabric and can't go wrong with a pleated skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear I've commented on this twice! Apparently only in my head. Hope you are starting to get settled in to the new job. Seems like the bodice of those Simplicity dresses would be very similar to Emery. g

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking of just using the Emery bodice if I make S1419. It's much easier than trying to fit a new bodice. The hard part is deciding on the fabric...so many spring dresses, so little time.

      Delete
  4. Hi Niema! I nominated you for the Leibster Blog Award: http://yousewgirl.blogspot.com/2014/04/leibster-blog.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting with thoughtfulness and maturity.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs