I had so much fun that my glasses broke in the process:
|Boo. Hiss. Boo.|
After being terrified shitless in 3 minute bursts for 4 1/2 hours yesterday, I feel a bit rejuvenated. So much so that I took some photos of my latest dress: Butterick 6016.
The fabric is cotton sateen purchased two years from Metro Textiles in NYC. I bought 4 yards of it for really cheap due to the dye boo boo running down the center of the fabric. This made finding a pattern for this fabric challenging. Whichever pattern I used couldn't have incredibly large pieces. Intentional pattern matching was also a no-go. This is why the fabric languished in my stash for so long. This dress was perfect. The back skirt has two pieces, front skirt has three.
Butterick 6016 was easy to fit and sew. Although it is sleeveless and I try to avoid that, I think it looks cute. Some of the fabric managed to match up without my help. It's weird how that works out sometimes.
This pattern will be used again as soon I find the perfect fabric.
My next project will be a shirt dress. I'm going to muslin McCall's 6506 today. If all goes well it will be made with this fabric:
|Polka dot tencel denim from Cali Fabrics|
Yay! It's Spring.