Sunday, January 18, 2015

A brief overview of 2014


I've made a lot of clothing over the last year but I only got around to blogging a handful of items. I know, I'm a terrible blogger. I don't have an excuse, I just lost interest in blogging. However, I haven't lost interest in posting photos to Instagram. As seen here:






And here:



There's more that I never got around to photographing. I would say that I made 40 items of clothing this year. Only a handful were shirts/tops. That's always been a problem for me. I never, ever make enough tops.

That will change in 2015 because I MADE PANTS. And I need shirts to go with these pants. Cross that sewing goal off my list. I don't have photos at the moment, but I did show them off at the last North Seattle ASG meeting. Not too shabby.

Aside from the two trench coats I made and the aforementioned PANTS!, I didn't really accomplish my other sewing goals. My sense of style seems to be limited to dresses (ponte knit dresses) and I jumped on the indie pattern bandwagon way more times than necessary. I was disappointed in most of my purchases, with the exception being Style Arc. I love Style Arc patterns (especially Barb's Pant and the Sammi Pant) and I plan to buy more this year. Other indie patterns not so much although I do like the two new shirts from Sewaholic.

I don't have any goals for 2015 other than to make all the pants. Oh, and to get my serger fixed.

6 comments:

  1. Your pants were amazing. They fit fantastic. g

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved those trenches and shirt dresses <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really love your style. wish you blogged more! i would love to see the makes! i understand the time commitment though. thanks for sharing!

    -d

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work! I'm not on IG, so I had missed all of this. My inner child couldn't resist that dino print from GC, either, but now I've been trying to figure out what to use it for that doesn't look ridiculously twee. (I'm leaning towards a jacket lining at this point.) Your dress looks really cute and very wearable and is giving me second thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of your work is just beautiful. May I ask what pattern you used for the dress in the top post of pictures which is to the lower left of the trench coat in white or cream? I have been looking for a shirtwaist dress pattern with a rather a-line skirt and notched collar. I just cannot seem to find that combination.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting with thoughtfulness and maturity.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs