Saturday, March 28, 2015

More dress musings.

I am going to make this dress:

Carolina Herrera Resort 2015 Look 1

Toy (of Sew and Style blog) posted about this last year, of course I didn't stumble upon it until 2 days ago. I will admit that I don't keep up with designer collections. I usually stumble across things as I lurk blogs.



I saw this and all my other sewing plans came to an abrupt end. I must make this now. I must make this now. This is why I kind of hate making sewing plans -- I run on inspiration. I know that as soon as I make a plan, something new and shiny will come along thus ruining my plans. I will still make the Vogue patterns I mentioned but not until this dress is completed.

For this dress, I will use the bodice from See & Sew 4957. Melizza and Gaylen helped me avoid dart fail at Sewing Circle last weekend so now this bodice is perfect. I will add a cap sleeve. The skirt will be Simplicity 2758 (oop) view E minus the waistband and pockets.

Simplicity 2758

I wasn't sure about the fabric at first. While I would love to have the actual fabric (who knows, it could show up at Mood one day) I know that it's not going to happen. But Mood did have a whole lot of fun cotton prints. I liked this one the most:

Mood Fabrics: Stonewash Blue Bird Printed Cotton Poplin

I hope it's not too busy in person -- I'm still warming up to prints. I think it will be fine. 

9 comments:

  1. That should be a very interesting dress! Looking forward to reading more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the print. Should make up into a wonderful springy dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I run on inspiration too. I think your inspiration is leading you in the right direction - can't wait to see it come to fruition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the fabric! Don't take out the pockets! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh this will be fantastic. Lovely fabric. Yea for no dart fail. g

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh this will be fantastic. Lovely fabric. Yea for no dart fail. g

    ReplyDelete
  7. "I know that as soon as I make a plan, something new and shiny will come along thus ruining my plans."

    This!

    I am doing the Starting from Scratch series and then "Oooo shiny new wardrobe contest" comes along. In planning for the wardrobe contest "oooo possible new shirt with ruffles" pops up. Squirrel!

    I am looking forward to seeing your version of the dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, me too.

      A blog post about how I got distracted again is coming soon...

      Delete
  8. I hope to be right there with you! I have two dress to finish and I have yet to "get it together". I can't want to see the coat too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting with thoughtfulness and maturity.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs